Všechny časy jsou v UTC + 1 hodina

Verze pro tisk

Pi in museum exhibits?
Autor Zpráva
PříspěvekNapsal: čtvrtek 5. duben 2018 15:45 

Hi,

I have been designing and programming electronics for science museum exhibits for more than 20 years. I'm comfortable programming a variety of microcontrollers. Most recently I've used the Propeller chip for most projects, though I still throw in a PIC when the job is simple or I need a custom peripheral.
I hope to start using some embedded Linux boards in exhibits and have investigated the Raspberry Pi and Beagle Board. My near-term goal is to use a Pi to play video and display still images. My current project does not require audio output, though many will.
It is seldom practical to use off-the-shelf software in exhibits as there always seem to be features or on-screen elements we wish to hide. That eliminates things like XBMC, unless someone can tell me how to hide the visible interface.
I'm looking for advice on how best to play video and audio, and display still images from an application written in Python or Javascript. I can easily program a microcontroller to handle the user interface and communicate with the Pi via RS-232, I2C or SPI.
I had a brief brush with Unix about 35 years ago and remember thinking it was intentionally obscure. I understand Linux is a bit more friendly, and I'll learn more of it as time allows, but for now I just need to get the next job done (it will be a cool exhibit about LANDSAT satellites, showing images in several IR an visible bands).

Any help will be apprecited.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/view ... hp?t=18887
Token sales marketing campaign

Thank you.

Všechny časy jsou v UTC + 1 hodina